What are a father's rights after years of no contact and threatened violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel121

My ex fiance and I have been together for 6 years. He has traveled overseas for about 4 years of our relationship, I left him recently as he got very abusive towards me. i laid a case of asault against him , he pleaded guilty and paid a fee...he now has a criminal record on his name, and he has another case against him for fighting. We have an 11 month old baby together. He was not present at the time of birth. He has threatened to hit our child into the hospital. He wants no further contact with me and our child for about 3 years, until our child is old enough for sleep overs etc.. What are his rights after 3 years of no contact, he drinks a lot and has never really been the father figure. We live 3 hours away from each other ( in different cities). I have a protection order against him that he can only see our child under supervision, if he doesn't appear in court to fight it, the court sends out the life time protection order. Can he in 3 years time, fight the protection order? What will his right be and what age is a child allowed sleep over if we stay in different cities. Thanks. Angelique> South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back