What actions can i take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilteelaw22

:confused: Heres the deal. Last Tuesday coming home from school a (non-insured/no license) woman struck the front end of my car causing close to $6K in damages. She was clearly at fault said the officer (b/c she ran the stop sign at the intersection she struck my vehicle) . I had to file an insurance claim with my insurance (Farmers). I want to know what actions can i take towards the woman who hit me. Can she pay my deductible also i would like to take her to court but im afraid that wouldnt really help (time consuming). How can i settle outside of court with her. Im a college student in houston, texas and i need whatever i can get. please help
p.s-this is my first claim and accident! (Im 21)

Let your insurance company handle this.

You can sue her for the damages.

But make sure you get guidance from your own carrier.

they told me i can have her pay my deductible but my question is i want to get this on paper so how would i type it up? also i have renatl coverage for my policy stating the insurance company will pay up to $25.00 per day for up to $750.00 max. and the car i have is 23.99 per day but with taxes comes out to close to $30.00 so i'll have to pay that difference; Can i have her pay this difference charge as well?

Last edited:
they told me i can have her pay my deductible but my question is i want to get this on paper so how would i type it up?

Who is they?

What did your insurance carrier say about this?

You can sue her for a million dollars if you wish...just make sure your insurance carrier agrees with your actions ... pay attention here ... IN WRITING!!!

"they" is my insurance company (Farmers) said it'll be okay if the lady who struck me did in fact pay my deductible which is 500 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back