Other Green Card Issue What about my Green card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari

Me and my wife entered to the USA in the end of February this year through DV lottery-2010 Visa which is called as Green Card Lottery visa. I am the principal applicant and my wife got visa as my spouse. We both already have received our Social Security Number Card on time. After about 20 days to the entering date we both received welcome Notice from USCIS about our file and in between one month my wife received her Green Card but I didn't get my Green card. In the mean time I changed my address online through USCIS website. After one week they send me "ASC Appointment Notice" to my new address to capture my biometrics. I appeared just time to the directed Application support center and they captured my biometrics. After then it has been past Three and half months but I still didn't get my Green Card yet. I checked USCIS website case status and it shows that my case is in initial review. I do not know that what is happening. It has been already Five months past from my entering date to the USA. Please let me know when will I can get my Green Card?

It comes when it comes!

Let's put it this way;

A friend of mine filed his application for citizenship in 2005. He was interviewed later that year and his application was dully approved and was told he would soon receive a letter in the mail telling where and when to attend the ceremony. He finally attended the ceremony in February of 2009. Another friend's total time from submission of application to the actual ceremony was less than three months.

I don't think even USCIS can answer your question and you will just going to have to be patient.

fredrikklaw

Thanks for replying. Most of the DV Green card lottery visa winner get their green card within one month from the entering date in the USA. But it has been past near about six months and still nothing happened to me. It is written on my passport's visa page that its an immigrant visa, visa category is DV1 and on the bottom of the visa page it is written that " Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-155 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year". Now my question is from when it will count 1 year for permanent residence? Is it from visa issuing date or entering date to the USA? I checked my case status online in USCIS website and still my case is in Initial Review. If I don't get my Green card within this 1 year period what can I do? If I need to visit my home country within this 1 year- can I do that? Anybody please help me answering my questions... please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back