Went to stay with friend for a few weeks..Girlfriend wont let me come back to my apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohan

Here's a short history then Ill get to the point. Girl and I rent Apt in 1999...Girl and me break up in 2004...girl moves out for a year ...we get back together..she comes back..its been her and I since until last month. 2 weeks after getting a mirage license she don't come home from work , calls me 12 hours later and said she found someone else. When she came home she said she wants me to leave. I had just got laid off from a 7 year job so I knew I couldn't afford it alone if she leaves. So I agreed to go stay with a friend for awhile while she gets her head together..or whatever. I left half my stuff there and took what I needed and considered valuable property Stereo, PCs ect..and some cloths.

The thing is I want to go back but she says no...I never agreed to leave for good. I have the money to keep the place now but cant afford to do security and get a new place. The place I'm at which was supposed to be temporary is a nightmare. Its my friends wife. She makes me crazy...moving my stuff around all the time even in my bedroom. My buddy told me Id have the run of the extra living room and she never goes in there. He was mistaken. I understand its her house...but going in my bedroom that I rent here. That's bullcrap. Also he is 68 and has Cancer and could pass on anytime...the Chemo seems to be very hard on him. Poor guy. I dont want to be stuck here with a clean fanatic I cant even communicate with.

What are my rights here ?

Just a few more facts

The 1 year lease is still in both our names and wasn't re-newed, just last week she wanted me to come back but I didn't want to rush...stupid me. I should have jumped on it. The landlords still considers it mainly my place and since her and I are in flux I haven't rushed into getting my security back. Then she changed her mind. I guess her and new guy got in a fight and made up.

I still get my mail there

She cant afford the place alone and is already in serious trouble

Thankyou in advance for any help.

Edit: Could I just show up with truck and say...Im back. To bad? I had spoke with a desk Sgt here and he said she could just call the police and say I moved and she wants me out but I dissagree. The lease is still in both our names and she never got one of her own. Many people have 2 apartments or houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back