went to court over a debt, but still being called by collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

lautell

In 2006 I was contacted by a collections company in regards to a debt with a cell phone company. Now I didn't open this account and told the collections company this , but they didn't want to hear it. So in Nov. of 2006 we went to court. They never showed , so the case was dismissed. I thought I was done. Well now they are contacting me again trying to collect the debt again. Now I have reported to all three credit report agencies that this was due to fraud. I don't know what else to do. I am just not answering their calls right now and they are contacting my mothers house. Can someone please help?

In 2006 I was contacted by a collections company in regards to a debt with a cell phone company. Now I didn't open this account and told the collections company this , but they didn't want to hear it. So in Nov. of 2006 we went to court. They never showed , so the case was dismissed. I thought I was done. Well now they are contacting me again trying to collect the debt again. Now I have reported to all three credit report agencies that this was due to fraud. I don't know what else to do. I am just not answering their calls right now and they are contacting my mothers house. Can someone please help?

1) Inform the collector it is not a valid debt IN WRITING.

2) Send a notice stating it is not a valid debt along with the judgment to the company via a certified method.

3) Send the same notice / file as per directions on all three credit reporting agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back