Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks welfare fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

bktball25

i am getting charged with aid by misreprepresent in the amount over 400 10980(C)(2)
and 3 counts of section 118(A)perjury under oath this is my first offense and i owe like 3500 and i have already been paying it back what do u think will happen to me

Probation, maybe some community service hours, and an order to repay the money. Being California, I would not expect you to face jail time, although it is possible.

Agreed.

CA generally doesn't jail welfare fraud participants (even at the felony level), provided they repay everything (including fines and interest).

i live with my sons father mother. she has two homes and is barely ever here. she has given permission for her son to use this address for everything. i have never collected welfare for this child. however, i have for my son from a previous relationship. my worker just called and said that my sons fathers (the one i dont collect on) unemployment stub got mailed into her office and wanted to know why and does he live here. told her i dont know why and that he does not but i do live with his mother. which i have reported that i live with her. she left it at that but now i am worried that something will become of this and i will be in trouble for him using this address. Any advice or precautionary steps that i should take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back