Weird speeding ticket situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicstudent

I am a resident of New York State attending college in Connecticut. Last night I was driving and noticed a mustang with it's headlights off "nosing up," or "rolling through a stop sign. I honked my horn and moved over so as to not hit the mustang. As i drove past the mustang drove out, put on its headlights and followed me about two blocks from the stoplight. We both sat at the red light and then proceeded when it was green. A block or so past the red light the mustang put on police lights (it was an unmarked police car) and pulled me over. The officer came up to my window and asked for my information and went back to his car. He returned handed me a ticket told me I was speeding and left. There are a couple of weird situations about this ticket:

1. The officer has written that he clocked me at the block where i first honked at him because he was rolling through the stop sign. If this is so why did he wait three blocks and the wait at a red light to pull me over? and can a any speed reading device work while an office is rolling forward in a perpindicular angle to my car?

2.The officer did not tell me I was speeding until after he had given me the ticket and I am positive i was no more over than 5 the speed limit although he claims to have clocked me at 22 over the speed limit.

3. On the ticket the officer gave me he has my birthdate as 20 years older than i am. I am 20 and clearly not 40, and also he hasthe state my license was issued in as connecticut when infact I am a New York licensed driver. Will those mistakes dismiss the ticket? Would my testimoney as to the amount of time the officer took to pull me over (in relation to where he wrote he clocked me) or that the officer almost hit me before he pulled me over work towards dismissing the ticket?

Last questions (i promise), since the officer wrote the wrong state of license on the ticket would the ticket ever reach New York state's DMV or my insurance company? If i go to court and point out the wrong information on the ticket will the court be aloud to correct the information on the original ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back