Wee the law.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmverrill

I'm being investigated for fraud which I'm not doing but there try to go way back how far back are they allowed to go back is there a statue of limitation on that

For investigation? They can look back as far as they like.
As for statute of limitations for what you can be charged with, it has to do with when the fraud was discovered, not when it occurred.

I'm being investigated for fraud which I'm not doing but there try to go way back how far back are they allowed to go back is there a statue of limitation on that

You might want to speak with a criminal defense attorney or three.
You need one on speed dial in case the FIT hits the SHAN.

If you are arrested and charged, simply say, "I invoke. I want a lawyer. I use my right to remain silent ."

Then it's simply, name, address, date of birth, etc...

Don't speak about this, and don't talk about it over the phone to anyone if they jail you.

About the SOL. It's very complex, but most felony charges only go back six years and downward in NH. Each state has specific rules for addressing this. Your lawyer will explain it to you in greater detail, if it goes that far.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...e-of-limitations/NH-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

Let's say Mr X committed fraud from 1990 to 2010 working for MegloMart.
Mr X still works for MegloMart.
Mr X MIGHT only get charged for crimes between 2008-2010.
But, they through so many counts at you, often by charging each event as one count of a hundred count indictment.
Don't worry about how far back they will go, because one count can be devastating. Leave that to your lawyer to sort.

Just don't admit, confess, or discuss this; except with your lawyer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back