Consumer Law, Warranties wedding is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruottac

My daughter and her fiancee have cancelled their wedding. Some of the contracts for the hall and the photographer have clearly defined the penalties for cancellation. The DJ on the other hand does not state any rules. I was wondering if there is a general rule of cancellation in the state of NY. I am also wondering who is respondible for each of these contracts. Is it the person who actually signed the contract of both parties involved responsibility? She would like to take care of her share of their responsibilities, however he does not want "to pay another penny".
She also has a doctors note stating that she is under soctors care and could not proceed with a wedding at this point. Does this matter at all? Thanks an inquiring mother

I'm unaware of any general rule of cancellation of a wedding. A doctor's note doesn't matter at all. With regard to contract, I'd say that in general if there is no or little ability to mitigate damages then there could be a case made for breach of contract. With regard to liability, the party who signed the contract is liable. Best of luck and hope it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back