Wedding Contract

weddingblues

"I'm getting married in a month. I paid a very high price ot get married in a expensive hotel by the water. before signing the contract December 2014, I emailed them asking if there are to be any renovations or obstruction of views. I was told no. 6 weeks before my wedding they tell me they are renovating. They are putting a wall up in the lobby. This wall will go up in between the reception and cocktail area space (that I rented at a fee) and instead of guests walking across the lobby to get from cocktail to reception, they will have to be ushered into elevators, walked down a corridor and up an escalator. This process will take 30 mins for all my guests as I have a lot. Now the legal question is can I do anything? They have offered to refund a portion of the fees at 3,000 but I have asked for refunding all fees close to 10k and reducing the rates for hotel rooms and banquet space given the unsightly wall. I want to ask for more but not sure what my legal rights are.

Unless it is in the contract that no alterations could be made to the space, you are probably out of luck. Asking for the venue essentially free and all the other discounts is way beyond reasonable. The reduction they are offering is more than fair. The rooms you are using do not seem to be impacted at all.

Your contract rules...............

Back