We we're hit from behind....KY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie1392

We owned our own business which was a garbage route in 2 counties in Kentucky. We we're traveling SW on Hwy 150. We we're slowing down to turn left onto a side road and while going into the turn, all of the sudden we heard tires squelling and crunching metal. Before we knew what happened, we rolled our 74 ton flatbed truck, full of garbage, down the road 3 times. A lady, and 4 other passengers,(3 which were kids) was traveling at least 70 mph (in a 55 zone) when she hit us from behind. (We have heard that she was playing with her cell phone :no:) Anyway, I broke my C1 virtabrae. No nerve damage, just headaches. This happened over a year ago. I am told that the insurance company is basicly ignoring all requests for money because of her passengers are suing her insurance too. She had 25/50 coverage and my bills totalled over 40,000 not to mention we lost our business over this because of my injury. I maxed out our own insurance coverage. No, we we're not wearing seat belts. It was totally her fault and she has no assets. What can we do?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back