Water Heater Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtcollinsd

Okay so the issue here is the water heater in our apartment broke about a month ago. All they kept doing was coming out and resetting it for the longest time. It took them about two weeks to figure out resetting the thing was not giving us lasting hot water. In fact the hot water would last about one round of cleaning dishes. So they finally ordered a new water heater for our apartment and now the new one doesn't work either. We've spent the last week complaining about it, finally maintence gets out today and goes ok well I turned it up, it wont help it last but it'll give you hotter water for a little while.

This does not help me give my three year old baths. This does not help me keep my house clean. There must be something I can do about this mess.

Read your lease. It should contain language regarding the proper procedure for notifying the landlord of needed repairs- and that requirement is likely written notice.
phone calls and other agreements are great, but if you aren't following the proper procedure you will fall flat if you try to take any action later.
Read your lease and state law regarding landlord/tenant responsibilities.

I read through my lease and basically it says any repairs on the apartment need to be reported within 24 hours and they will fix it. We reported the problem within 24 hours of its start and have continued to remind them every day since. They replaced the water heater and still we have this problem and still we are reporting it to the office everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back