water damage condo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathercarras

My tenant broke a pipe in my second floor condo caused $15, 000 $20, 000 in water damage to the new remoded unit downstairs. I am the owner landlord I don't have insurance neither the guy downstairs. They threatened with a big court case coming against me. I got a quote from different contractors and that's what they said. They git to tear apart the whole kitchen and bathroom and rebuild it again at my pocket expenses. Is there any possibility that I could me dismissed if this? The tenant vandalized my apartment I got pictures.

Speak with YOUR ATTORNEY.
Nothing we can do here, and with that much money at risk, nothing you can do,either.

Generally, you are responsible for what happens on your property. As the owner / landlord, renting to a tenant means you clearly may be responsible and, as per army judge, you will want to speak to an attorney at your earliest moment since the dollar amount is very large. Usually people have insurance to deal with these issues and also take precautions in renting. After all, how do you know that you aren't renting your apartment to a former arsonist who may do it again? You will also want to take a good long look at the rules in the condo association.

As you have now found out, always have insurance. You never know when it might be needed.

Tenant vandalized apartment caused water damages to the cindo below. Is tbe owner landlord responsible?
Neither the guy uo stairs and downstairs have insurance.

Tenant vandalized apartment caused water damages to the cindo below. Is tbe owner landlord responsible?
Neither the guy uo stairs and downstairs have insurance.

I suggest you reread YOUR original thread, which I merged into this thread.
Now, everything is right here, in one convenient thread.
After REREADING and reviewing everything, contact your lawyer.

Only a court can determine who is legally liable, if the parties can't sort it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back