Was Cheated, Did not pay, now being sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlymelyte

Being sued for $3297.00.

Entered into agreement with a nightclub in Philadelphia to host a party. Club required $3000 check in advance. $3000 check was for a bar guarantee. Agreement was that if 1st level bar sales met or exceeded $3000, check will be returned. Club has 3 floors. Check only applies to first floor bar.

Club cheated me by telling front entrance security to let everyone I invited into a seperate door that lead to upper floor bar levels. As a result, there was no way for me to cover bar guarantee because everyone stayed in the upper levels thinking that it was my event as well.

Tried to talk to the owner during the whole dilemma, but she was no where to be found. Tried to talk afterwards also, but same result. In conlusion, I canceled the check. Was not under my name anyway.

1. I'm a student with nothing under my name. Not even a bank account. Only some credit cards. I'm poor what will happen if I lose?

2. Will it be a good idea to go to the club and take pictures of the "side" door as evidence?

3. Will it also be a good idea to have a signed petition from everyone that I invited that night?

4. Should I bring witnesses like my DJ and front door cashier?

5. What else should I do to prepare for my trial?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back