Warrent for missed court on speeding tiicket. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsweetpea2

Ok i used to live with a roomate on humboldt hill ca. Thats where is living when i got pulled over for speeding, not to fast. Roomate and i faught i moved totally forgot about the ticket, but i didnt get a change of address cause i really didnt have alot of mail going there. I went to the court house where u pay tickets and asked about payments xt.... she said i had to see a judge before making payments and i asked whe my court was. She said that i would recieve letter in the mail. I HAVE never recieved anything. my ex roomate probably through it away
So i got cops called on me for un related issue and cops told me i had warrents for traffic tickets. They said i had to turn self in or they could take me now. So i said i would turn self in. this is friday night. I aunestly didnt know of any court dates. I have never been to jail before :confused:and im 25yo with 2 toddlers. I only make about 650 a month for all 3 of us and live in a motel/homeless shelter:confused I am so scared:eek::eek: i dont want to go to jail please help me avoid jail time ill do anything and ive never been uncoropritive with authorities in anyway.:angel

Turn yourself in, or they'll be back.
Find out what the bond will be.
Call a bondsman, he'll find out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fugitive from traffic court?

All you have to do is go to the traffic court designated on the citation you were issued first thing in the morning; i.e. the morning docket, and tell the clerk that you want to see the judge on a "walk-in" basis, or to be put on the calendar for another day if you cannot be fit in on that day.

If you get to go in that very day, you will see the judge and the warrant is recalled and that will be it, and if you get calendared for another day, the clerk will recall the warrant on authority she has so you will not have to look over your shoulder in the meantime. Either way, traffic warrants and even simple misdemeanor "Bench Warrants" are easily recalled. But there is a tiny bit of catch to it.

You actually have to show up!

fredrikklaw

Start with the main offices and work your way down from there.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/courts/trial/humboldt/

You might have to surrender yourself to the Sheriff's Office first and be booked. They might be able to take you without delay before a judge, or, they might be able to issue you a new citation and court date for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back