Consumer Law, Warranties Warranty company went bankrupt I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmim2

I purchased an extended car warranty when I purchased my car in 2007 it was a 5 year 100,000 mile warrenty. Now that warranty company went bankrupt! When I purchased the warranty I rolled the payment into my car loan. I called the car company and they said there is nothing they can do. Can't I at least get my money back for the warranty that doesn't exsist? Can I cancel it now and quit paying on it? If they are not giving me back my money should they fix my car for free? They told me the things wrong with my car wouldn't have been covered. I looked at the warranty and it is a bumper to bumper and seems that it would cover some of the problems. However, there is not way of proving this it is their word vs. mine. The only mechanics advice they will take is their own mechanic, of course he would side with them. They just don't want to pay. I am out over $2,000 I am paying for the non-existant warranty AND over 800.00 in repairs they are saying I need. I have kept upkeep on the car rotating tires, oil change all of that. I have the warranty purchase aggreement I signed at the time I purchased the vehical. Please help. I can't afford to pay out anymore money

There is nothing for you to really do. The bankruptcy discharged the warranty liabilities and the car company isn't liable. You could sue the car company for the amount of money they made in selling you that warranty. The small claims action might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back