Want to Sue to Stop Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

webconsumer

I have been paying a judgement since 2003 through the court (wage garnishment)in California. My start balance was $13,000 and now balance is $3,000 (that's what the courts say). I called original creditor and tried to negotiate payoff. I talked to a VERY RUDE rep that had my acct, refused to give me any information nor transfer to a supervisor. Told me to get all my paystubs from 2003 and calculate how much I have paid so far, and that makes me feel like I am being taken advantage of.

Their balance is higher that the courts and I want file - and need advice on what I should say on my papers and what is the probability on them showing up since they have gotten the bulk of the money.

the APR is 10% and $1.31/day

Thanks

I presume from your post you wish to have a reconciliation between your numbers and the creditor's. You also wish to negotiate a final payment of the payoff.

Why don't you simply mail a tabulation of your payments made with the balance and ask if it reconciles with their balance.

In the same letter you can request a negotiated payoff amount in order to stop the garnishments.

Mail your letter certified mail to insure receipt.

Don't expect a friendly discussion of this on the phone. They have more important things to do with their time than be on the phone with you discussing a matter that has already been determined in their favor by the court.

By letter they can make a determination at their leisure, though it may or may not be what you hope to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back