US Federal Law Want to earn $3,300 from your Uncle Sammy?

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
(CNN) - Turn a sick day into payday.

Scientists from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases are infecting people with influenza A, the famous H1N1 virus, for research purposes.

If you participate in the study, you'll get paid up to $3,300.

Researchers want to closely monitor the symptoms to better understand how the virus works and how to control it.

Brave participants will receive a nasal spray with a strain of the flu and then begin an inpatient stay for at least a week.

They're looking for 80 healthy adults between 18 and 50 years old.

Trial sites are at the University of Maryland in Baltimore, Duke University in North Carolina, St. Louis University in Missouri and Ohio's Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

Results are expected in May 2020.

If you don't want to be infected with the flu, your best protection is to keep your hands clean and away from your eyes, nose and mouth. Also, get your flu shot.

Copyright 2019 CNN. All rights reserved.

Researchers paying people to be infected with H1N1 flu

I would want a hell of a lot more than $3,300.00 to be trapped in a hospital with the frigging flu for a week or more.

I detest being in the hospital.

$3,300.00

$3,300 tax free, for a happier holiday season, plus that free vacay in a lovely hospital bed (free food, too, yummy)

Don't forget the appreciation of a grateful nation (the planet even) as a veteran of the "war on flu".

The Army taught me never to volunteer.

The words of my basic training drill sergeant, SSG Leyba resound in my ears loudly everyday, "Some of you wannabe soldiers better volunteer, or you'll all being doing XXXXXXXXXX!!!"

It was at that moment I realized that some games are rigged, and you lose one way or another.

Just trying to help our country battle the flu, because we are already engaged in the war on drugs, and the war on terror. :D ;)
Well....as I'm in Vegas I consulted with The Panel of Odd's Makers...Those sage men and women said the odd's of me getting wicked sick was great and the Fed weren't paying enough to risk it. Always listed to the bookies.

I really don't have a bookie. I don't gamble.

What ever happened to the War on Poverty? Nobody seems to talk about that anymore.

Some say that we won LBJ's war on poverty, others say we just gave up.

I've seen poverty, even have some relatives living way up in one the ridges of Appalachia in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA. Some of them are still hauling water in from the spring or using an old hand pump to get it from their well. They have no central heating use a wood fired cast iron "cook"stove and fireplaces to ward off the chill. They use kerosene lanterns or candles for lighting. Most of them are older folks, as the younger ones all left for big city living in Lynchburg, Roanoke, or (gasp) wicked Richmond.

They raise or grow their own food, have no electricity, internet, still ride horses (some use mules) or take a wagon into town. They've never taken a dime of gubmint money, only left their "holler" to be hospitalized or serve in the military when they were drafted.

Point is, they don't see themselves as poor or needy. My dad made a great life for himself, loved the stuff he and mom acquired, but said he was never happier than when he was visiting "the folks". Life is all about one's perspective, ain't it?

What ever happened to the War on Poverty? Nobody seems to talk about that anymore.
trump says that the economy is stellar and everyone is walking on sunshine...which in my state is true. I see people walking, sitting and sleeping on sunshine all the time here. We often provide food and water to help them celebrate their good fortune.

Some say that we won LBJ's war on poverty, others say we just gave up.

I've seen poverty, even have some relatives living way up in one the ridges of Appalachia in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VA. Some of them are still hauling water in from the spring or using an old hand pump to get it from their well. They have no central heating use a wood fired cast iron "cook"stove and fireplaces to ward off the chill. They use kerosene lanterns or candles for lighting. Most of them are older folks, as the younger ones all left for big city living in Lynchburg, Roanoke, or (gasp) wicked Richmond.

They raise or grow their own food, have no electricity, internet, still ride horses (some use mules) or take a wagon into town. They've never taken a dime of gubmint money, only left their "holler" to be hospitalized or serve in the military when they were drafted.

Point is, they don't see themselves as poor or needy. My dad made a great life for himself, loved the stuff he and mom acquired, but said he was never happier than when he was visiting "the folks". Life is all about one's perspective, ain't it?
I had family like that in Kinross PEI. We would visit for 2 weeks every July. I was kinds freaked out when I had to use the outhouse or I found out that the lovely roast beef we were pigging out on was the sweet calf I played with the previous summer...but other than that I loved being there. The house had been in my grandmothers family for several hundred years. The clam bakes...OMG! So good! PEI mussels, clams and lobstah (I'm a Boston gal)...And if you have never had a PEI strawberry, you have missed out on the closest thing to ambrosia outside of Olympus.

Cooking was done on a woodburning stove. Water was from a pump in the kitchen. No electric. If you needed to use the phone you had to go 3 miles away to Cousin Linda's house.
I didn't really know they were poor as could be until I was in my late teens.

Stunning country.
Pictures of Kinross P.E.I. in the summer - Google Search

Cooking was done on a woodburning stove. Water was from a pump in the kitchen. No electric. If you needed to use the phone you had to go 3 miles away to Cousin Linda's house.
I didn't really know they were poor as could be until I was in my late teens.

That is the same experience I had.
As I grew older, I became more aware.
Today it would be called living off the grid.
To get to their diggings, one had to travel a dirt road (more like a path) for about five miles.
My cousins knew, nor did they care, very little about anything outside "the ridge".
If you were unknown, they'd run you off.
Once they knew to whom you were connected, you were accepted.
They had their own cemetery, church, even schoolhouse up to 9th grade.
They elected their own form of government, too, unsanctioned by the state.
Had some good times, but was always happy to head back to civilization.
Mother hated it, but never said anything to me about it until dad had died.
Funny thing is, dad told me one day after I returned from my 1st tour in Nam, he hated visiting my mother's people.
They had a little money, and were what some called "stuffed shirts".
Dad did his bit, never complaining, just enjoying his time for mother.
Mother did the same for dad.
They both felt one gives to get, and they owed it to their spouse to cooperate.

Back