want to do the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

atport

From everything I can find online on Texas Child Support Law, based on my income I will be held to the $1500 per month plus medical for my one daughter. My wife and I have worked out the terms of our divorce without an attorney on either side and would like to do the same for the child support. Is there a law that mandates we go through the courts to establish the payments if we both agree on the payment and the schedule?

From everything I can find online on Texas Child Support Law, based on my income I will be held to the $1500 per month plus medical for my one daughter. My wife and I have worked out the terms of our divorce without an attorney on either side and would like to do the same for the child support. Is there a law that mandates we go through the courts to establish the payments if we both agree on the payment and the schedule?

Are you asking if the child support agreement can be part of the divorce agreement that you file? If so, then yes, you can do that. You will then have court ordered child support as a part of your divorce decree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back