Want to change a 5 month olds last name

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithl1206

Hello. I have a 5 month old daughter who currently has her fathers last name. My concern is that he has lately been getting into some serious trouble. I am scared for her that with him being in such trouble, it is going to make her look bad. I only want the best for my daughter and I no longer think that having her fathers name is the best for her. I do not know if I will be able to get her name changed and if I do decide to do it, I am not sure if it is worth it. Like I said my concern is her and how him being in trouble is going to affect her. Should I go about changing it or leace it as is and just take the chances? Any advice?

Not to contradict Biblical teachings, but the sins of the father are not visited on their children, insofar as man's law is concerned.

If his last name is Smith, few would blame every Snith for the wrongs of one miscreant Smith.

Just be the best mom you can.

Your daughter will do just fine.

Changing her name isn't worth the trouble or financial burden it will bring.

Hello. I have a 5 month old daughter who currently has her fathers last name. My concern is that he has lately been getting into some serious trouble. I am scared for her that with him being in such trouble, it is going to make her look bad. I only want the best for my daughter and I no longer think that having her fathers name is the best for her. I do not know if I will be able to get her name changed and if I do decide to do it, I am not sure if it is worth it. Like I said my concern is her and how him being in trouble is going to affect her. Should I go about changing it or leace it as is and just take the chances? Any advice?

Not to mention...that you're going to need HIS permission (or permission from the court) to change her last name.

Generally in order to have the name change approved for "notorious" reasons, he's going to have had committed something along the lines of the Manson murders. Or, perhaps a single murder in a town of 50 people.

(I wish I was kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back