Walfare and child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontyouwish

I have been on and off county assistance for the past 4 years. The father of my kids and I werent talking for a number of reasons (all of which have been resolved) and I didnt feel I could count on his help for child support (a bad assumption on my part) so of course I went to the goverment (which I am now regretting) Well child support office tested the man and proven him the father and then a year or so after this set a court date. The courts made a jugement saything that the father has to pay 98o$ in current child support and 169$ extra for back payments. all this money that they are taking is going right to the goverment or whoever. I get a total of 689$ plus an extra 50$ they call a disregardment payment. in total they are getting a round 430$ more than what I get a month. I was wondering if I could get off aid and just settle the child support between us. the state will want him to pay the back child support but will they keep taking 1146$ out every month even if he's giving me money on his own accord? I would just rather deal with him. I cant keep my appointments with the goverment workers and they always penilize me for it. I'm a full time college student and a singel mom so its hard to keep track of all the hoops they have.

And really, he had to stop seeing the kids (which wasnt much) because I live two hours away and he can hardly afford his rent let alone gas and I dont have the gas to drive them down there leave them and come back, pick them up. Yadda yadda.

We're both in a bind and the kids are missing out on a great dad.
So yeah, will they take all that money out even if I'm not on aid or will they set a new sum?

Thank you.

If you ar not on aid and he is not in arrears to State they will likely cease taking money from him. This will leave to collect on your own

He is in arrears, that's that issue. I dont want them to keep taking a huge amount of money from him while he's paying me directly and soon I'll be done with school and already have a few job offers so...I'll be off aid either way.

Thanks.

If he owes the state money, he must pay them back first. I am sure the state will allow you to drop any arrearage owed to you, but he mustpay the state back first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back