WA State. RCW 46.61.372, School Bus Reported me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinz

Hey, I was driving down a large 5 lane highway by my house one day, this is a very busy 45 mph road with lots of traffic usually. I guess a school bus stopped, i didnt see him because there was a huge freight truck right behind him so it blocked my vision while they were in the right lane and I was in the lane next to them going the same direction.

I accidentally went past this stopped school bus which supposedly was putting out its stop sign and it airhorned me and scared the crap out of me.

It was an accident, and I couldnt see the bus because it just looked like regular old traffic on this highway where sometimes on lane stops while the other keeps flowing normally.

Anyways, today I just received a citation in the mail that a vehicle registered to me was cited for failing to yield for a school bus. It says to provide the information to the best of my knowledge about who was driving my car at that time.

Then it says RCW 46.61.371
http://www.leg.wa.gov/RCW/index.cfm?section=46.61.371&fuseaction=section
states that if you resonably believe that provision of this information is self incriminating you are not required to do so.

Now, is this one of those Plead the 5th type of deals where I just say no comment and they dont have hard evidence to give me a violation since no officer saw it and i never signed it and they cant really indentify it was me.

They can only give the ticket if they can prove without a doubt that it was myself driving, so not answering at all should basically give them nothing to work with. Or does this mean not providing information shows that I feel it self incriminates me which shows them im guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back