K Visa visiting usa while waiting for papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

njurvo

I am married to an American. We have filed the I-130 and are currently awaiting a receipt from Nebraska. How long will that receipt take? We will then file for the K3 Visa. How long do those take to process? I am a Canadian. Am I allowed to cross the border to visit my husband or will that complicate our paperwork? If so, is there a maximum length of time I am able to visit?

The whole filling process ………… copies of the Marriage Certificate, 3 Years of Tax Returns, File form I-130, I-485 and 1-275 and approvals before traveling is generally a max of nine months to a year. If you want to visit the US, consult with your lawyer to do whatever is necessary in your particular situation. It is not advisable to travel here if you petition has not been completed. I would not advice it unless absolutely necessary and with relevant permission or notification. Make sure you use a lawyer to process anything………….that would make it faster and more efficient. Some lucky people completed the whole process in 6 months……..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back