Other Immigration Law visiting my wife in the usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterbc

I am a Canadian living in Canada and my wife an American still living in the US. We were recently married in Las Vegas and have begun the process for her to immigrate to Canada. We have hired a lawyer for this purpose. She is residing in the United States until we can get a visitor visa together for her and then eventually residency. My question is, i have heard that if i want to visit her i may run into problems at the border because we are married. i can be viewed as a flight risk. We have both talked with a variety of lawyers on the US side and have come to the conclusion this may be a grey area. We were not able to get any definitive answers. We have had our immigration lawyer draft a letter for us stating that she has indeed began the process to immigrate to Canada. Will this, and my passport, get me across the border and into the States without a problem, or is there some kind of special visa or waiver that i need to acquire?

we both realize that until she can get a visa she should not try to come north.

You can visit her in the USA. Should be no problems with the border. I myself am married to American, I am Canadian, he crosses all the time to visit me in Canada. Only prob we have is I cannot visit him in the USA until I am approved by Immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back