Visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin_bugbee

In my first divorce, I was granted physical custody of our son, but my ex husband retained all of his parental rights. Visitation is written as "mutually agreed upon". There is no other information regarding our son, besides child support. My ex continues to call to speak with our son, but frankly, I don't want him to be involved (he lives out of state and is remarried with another child). I don't answer the phone and don't return his calls. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong and dad can take you to court for contempt. You might irritate a judge if dad can prove you have alienated the child from him.

He is dad and he has rights, and I am sure your child loves him. Think about the child here. The kids are always the ones that lose in a divorce especially when their parents act childish.

Unfortunately unless Dad takes you to court nobody can force you to cooperate, but hopefully he is building a case on his end and keeping records of your refusal to communicate. If you are served with a court summons, I would be a little nervous if I were you, especially if he is paying his support.

Please, do not take the child away from dad. If dad cannot visit in person at least allow him to talk to the child.

If he pays child support, he should be able to have a relationship with his child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back