Visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy5

I really wish that there was a way the courts would let family members have rights on visiting relatives. I have a brother and sister in law who have 5 kids that I love dearly but because my sister in law has started a BIG argument with the family she will not let any of my brother's family visit the kids. The kids range between 8-3 - I am the aunt and miss them deeply but she won't allow us to see them. My parents have recently retired and on the road traveling and when they call she tells them that the kids are busy. We are even not allowed at the school to eat lunch with them. It has been almost 2 years since I have seen them and just wish that there was something that I could do just to see them. I know that there really isn't anything to do - I just wanted to make a comment about it. Thanks

Where is the brother here? Is he still married to her? He can allow you to see the kids but if they both forbid it, there is nothing you can do but play nice and hope that they change their mind.

Family members should not be allowed visits in cases like this, because it appears your brother is also not allowing visits. If by some chance they are divorced, then you can see the kids on his time.

My husband is one of 17 children. How chaotic would it be if each and every aunt/uncle sued us for visits? Aunts and uncles virtually have no rights but grandparents have very limited rights in some situations, but if your brother is married to her and cannot grow a backbone to her then you are probably out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back