visitation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loriann

My x-husband had visitation with our two boys. One weekend they came home and told me that he locked them out of the house gave them a bucket and told them to use it if they had to go to the bathroom. They were locked out for quit a few hours. I later found out he did that so he could have sex with his then wife's sister in-law.
About a month later he had them for a weekend again, on there way to his home they stopped to eat at a Ruby Tuesday, my youngest son just wanted a salad to eat. He then began to argue with him that he had to eat something else, again he told his father all he wanted was a salad. He became so mad that he hit him. He hit him so hard on the side of his face and ear he knocked him out of his chair. My son is now almost def in that ear because of this.

What can I do about this, I've been talking with children and youth for about 6-7 years no one seems to be able to give me an answer. I feel he need to be held accountable for his actions but no one will do anything. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO!!
thank you for taking the time to read this.
(deleted first & last name)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loriann - You added your question to another poster's old thread. You should have started your own new thread. I will start one for you.

I talk with the police where I live, they told me I had to call the police where it happened. I did they told me they would look into it and I never heard anything from that point on. I felt like I was getting the run around. To make matters worse, I found out two of his nieces said that he had molested them as children.
I also found out three months ago that while we were Married and pregnant with our youngest son. He took a can corder hid it in my mothers bed room hit record to record her getting dressed after she took a shower. My mother destroyed the tap.

I talk with the police where I live, they told me I had to call the police where it happened. I did they told me they would look into it and I never heard anything from that point on. I felt like I was getting the run around. To make matters worse, I found out two of his nieces said that he had molested them as children.
I also found out three months ago that while we were Married and pregnant with our youngest son. He took a can corder hid it in my mothers bed room hit record to record her getting dressed after she took a shower. My mother destroyed the tap.

What are you attempting to accomplish?

If you are concerned about these matters, contact the child protection agency for your state.

Report the incident to them, see what they say, and then proceed.

Bottom line, NOTHING daddy did prior to BREEDING you will PROBABLY not matter insofar as his current visitation orders are concerned.

At any rate, if you are unsatisfied with daddy, after allowing him to BREED you, you'll have to scurry back before the court and judge that retains jurisdiction n this matter.

Tell ALL of this to "STUFF" to the judge (in the proper form the court requires), and see what the judge has to say.

Finally, none of the above prohibits you from reporting ANY crime to the police or state child protection agents.

Now the question about all this, and trust me there's more. What is the statute of limitations.

Two years ago while we were in court for an unrelated matter. After the hearing he asked to speak with my husband in private. A few minutes later my husband asked me and the boys to come over, that he had something to say that we all needed to hear. He asked the boys if there were happy with my husband being there dad. They both said yes. He then asked if it would make them happier if he signed his perental rights over so my husband could adopt them. With out batting an eye they both said yes. My youngest son asked him, so if you do this for us does that mean you will leave us alone for the rest of our lives. To my surprise he said yes. They both said to him, this is what they wanted we've never asked you for anything in almost nine years. This is the only thing they want from him. He agreed that he would do that to make them happy, as much as it hurt him to do it he would do it for them to make them happy.

Now where do I from here. I wanna make this as quick and painless as possible for them.

This will all have to be done through the court system - you might want to talk to a lawyer.

Now the question about all this, and trust me there's more. What is the statute of limitations.

Two years ago while we were in court for an unrelated matter. After the hearing he asked to speak with my husband in private. A few minutes later my husband asked me and the boys to come over, that he had something to say that we all needed to hear. He asked the boys if there were happy with my husband being there dad. They both said yes. He then asked if it would make them happier if he signed his perental rights over so my husband could adopt them. With out batting an eye they both said yes. My youngest son asked him, so if you do this for us does that mean you will leave us alone for the rest of our lives. To my surprise he said yes. They both said to him, this is what they wanted we've never asked you for anything in almost nine years. This is the only thing they want from him. He agreed that he would do that to make them happy, as much as it hurt him to do it he would do it for them to make them happy.

Now where do I from here. I wanna make this as quick and painless as possible for them.

All dad did, if this is his version of this event; was make an alleged promise.

Promises are not actionable under law.

I could bore you with a legal explanation, or you can Google it.

Dad can promise many things, none of those things are actionable under civil law.

Again, why not make an appointment for a consultation with three or four family lawyers in your county?

The initial consultations normally run 30 minutes, give or take, and they are done gratis to the citizen.

You should confirm if the initial consultation is free, and you can ask three or four (maybe more) of these kinds of questions.

Dad is dad for life, unless he chooses to attempt to extinguish his parental rights, or does something so heinous that the court takes away his parental rights.

Trust me, madam, breaking promises (even breaking a child's heart) isn't something that the law sees as so heinous that dad could lose his parental rights over.

Last edited:

Sigh. The kids should never have been involved in this matter in such a way.

You will need an attorney - and you should expect Dad to change his mind if he's actually pushed. And I find it incredibly unlikely that nobody will take action if your son really DOES have permanent damage to his ear.

Incredibly unlikely indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back