Visitation Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

zie4

What is the name of your state? TX

I want to file the necessary documents to bring my Ex in contempt of the visitation outlined in our court order. I am an IL resident but my child is in TX. I have joint custody but haven't seen or spoken my child in nearly three years. My Ex's family has kept me at bay by asking me to give it time for her to come around. That time has passed. I don't know where they live nor have any contact information on them (family claims not to know).

What advise can any provide and what paperwork will I need to file with the courts to represent myself in this matter?

Also, I would like to request additional time with my child to make up for the time we've lost. There are previsions in TX law that allow for this but again I need to know how to file. Can anyone tell me where to begin?

Note: Not only am I considering the loss of these past three years but also other areas where my Ex has refused my court ordered visitation (holidays because her belief system conflicts with them) and abruptions in past visits because she just decided that our time together was up (no explanation and no consideration of what it cost me to make the trip: flight, rental, hotel, etc). As I've said the family has kept me a bay but enough is enough and my child and I are missing valuable time together.

Lastly, I am considering filing for a modification of the original decree's outlined visitation. As things stand, I get every other weekend, which doesn't work with the distance, every over alternating holiday and birthday, which the Mom never gives and every other summer, which again the Mom never gives.

I want the order modified so that I get my child's full summer break every summer, along with every other alternating holiday and birthday, and each long or extended weekend. How can I pursue this modification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back