Virginia Ticket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

klc908

I was going 51 in a 35 and I got a ticket today...I don't think I was going that fast, but I do know I was exceeding the limit. Do you think I need to obtain legal representation when appearing in court? I am happy to go to traffic school and this is the only ticket I have gotten in Virginia and the 2nd in my lifetime. I am totally embarrassed about it. I have gotten different advice from different people. What does the law say?

Virginia Traffic School

I was going 51 in a 35 and I got a ticket today...I don't think I was going that fast, but I do know I was exceeding the limit. Do you think I need to obtain legal representation when appearing in court? I am happy to go to traffic school and this is the only ticket I have gotten in Virginia and the 2nd in my lifetime. I am totally embarrassed about it. I have gotten different advice from different people. What does the law say?

Call the clerk of court and see if they will approve online traffic school and the ticket not be reported. If not then simply appear on your court date and negotiate for an under 10mph violation in return for a guilty plea. You do not need legal representation for a minor speeding ticket although that is your right and many people prefer to have an attorney negotiate for them.

For more information on Virginia traffic school

Online Virginia Traffic School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back