Virginia Auto Dealer sold car with unregistered plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgainey

11/21/14 I purchased a used Audi from A&G 12/04/14 I went to Dmv to get a copy of the title and Dmv informed me that that hard tags the dealership put on the car wasn't even registered in my name, its illegal for me to drive it but I have registration from the dealership. I immediately contacted the dealership and they said call back Monday. What do I do for transportation, still making payments on a car I can't drive.

11/21/14 I purchased a used Audi from A&G 12/04/14 I went to Dmv to get a copy of the title and Dmv informed me that that hard tags the dealership put on the car wasn't even registered in my name, its illegal for me to drive it but I have registration from the dealership. I immediately contacted the dealership and they said call back Monday. What do I do for transportation, still making payments on a car I can't drive.

You call them back on Monday and see what they have to say.
In the meantime, be smart, don't drive the car.
When you talk to the dealership ask for compensation for the inconvenience.
Whatever you do, remain calm, be polite, and try to negotiate a solution.
The law, the courts, will be of very little use at this point.
Think clearly, all you want is fair compensation (maybe a couple tanks fo gas, maybe a $100, or $200), and proper plates, title, registration.
Make sure your insurance is in order.
In the future, don't sign until all of this is in order.
Its easier to make a deal with crooks BEFORE they get your money and signature.
At this point the dealer has very little motivation to fix this, he's sitting pretty.
The last thing you want to do is threaten legal action.
Why?
Because the dealer is a crook, but not a stupid crook.
He knows the law and the courts wield little power here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back