Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Violating Parole

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndy

A friend of mine just got out of the pen and was on parole. She showed up 5 minutes late for reporting in and her parole officer said she violated her for not being on time. So she left. How can she get the warrent for violating her parole lifted without going back to jail?

It would appear that there's more to the story than being late by 5 minutes.

Your friend should speak with her attorney.

I'm not sure how late she was. But she told me she wasn't late by much. That was just an estimate for example. But she did show up. She was just late. :/

A friend of mine just got out of the pen and was on parole. She showed up 5 minutes late for reporting in and her parole officer said she violated her for not being on time. So she left. How can she get the warrent for violating her parole lifted without going back to jail?

She's on parole, for goodness sake.

Does she even KNOW what parole is?

Here, you tell her:

Parole is simply an extension of her physical confinement in the community. In essence, she's still a prisoner, but without concrete walls.

She can turn herself in, ask for a hearing on the warrant (which can lead to the revocation of her parole), and a judge will determine if she can be physically confined yo serve out the remainder of her sentence, or released with a tongue lashing back into the community.

She also needs to learn to comply with the rules of a civilized society, such as being consistently on time and not consistently late and disobedient to lawful authority.

ok I got more information about it. She was originally not even suppose to be on parole. she reported for 6 months. Then her jns's got changed and the last time she went in they told her that her case was closed. And then she got told to go back to the county she was sentenced in which was lincon county and get the rules and regulations to the new jns's. And when she got them on a Friday they told her to go back to Oklahoma county and when she did Monday morning, the lady said she already violated her. What should she do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back