Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceO

My younger brother's ex-wife cleared their apartment of everything, including his friend's jacket and his passport December 26th, 2011. He only recently discovered that his passport was included in everything that was taken. When it happened, they were still married, and the local police said that she had not "stolen" anything, since it was all still considered marital property until a court said otherwise.

He did try contacting her about his passport, and she has not responded to any of his attempts to contact her.

Does he have any legal support/grounds to try and be compensated having to replace his passport since she stole it and has refused to work with him to get it back to him?

My younger brother's ex-wife cleared their apartment of everything, including his friend's jacket and his passport December 26th, 2011. He only recently discovered that his passport was included in everything that was taken. When it happened, they were still married, and the local police said that she had not "stolen" anything, since it was all still considered marital property until a court said otherwise.

He did try contacting her about his passport, and she has not responded to any of his attempts to contact her.

Does he have any legal support/grounds to try and be compensated having to replace his passport since she stole it and has refused to work with him to get it back to him?

Probably not, but if he MUST "SO SOMETHING", he can bring a small claims lawsuit.

Its often a waste of time, even when you prevail. Why?

The prevailing party has to then TRY and collect against the judgment.

If it were me, I'd just let this silliness go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back