Viloent restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvet19

My sister is a huge control freak. The entire family has come to the decision that we need not be in her life any longer. That being said, Her husband broke into the house next door where the lady had been evicted and the house forclosed on. He stole many items of value, the most important in this is a .38 special. I saw with my own eyes these items, and decided to call the authorities. Nothing happened with the police, and I understand they have laws to abide by just as we do.

She then kicked her 18 year old son out and things got pretty crazy. Yes I sent her emails telling her What I thought of her, none were threatening, and I have copies of them all. I did tell her in one that they needed to turn in the items they stole to the police, or I would let them kow about the entire story, as well as notify the bank.

This is when I received a phone call about a violent restraining order from her, stating that she feared for the safety of her family.

I have never been arrested, never done anything to threaten her or her family. I am a desert storm vet, who has the utmost respect for the law and my family! I feel that this is her attempt to keep me away from her situation and not get her in trouble. I jsut need a little advice about what I need for my preperation for the court date.

Thank you
Trevor

Are you sure you have a court date? Have you been served papers yet? If so, what do they say? Sounds to me like she is blowing smoke.

No I have not been served yet. I do know that she went in last firday, and got a tro until the court date. I was informed that "someone other than her will have to hand serve me the papers." Trust me she isn't joking, she is very manipulative and very vengeful.

I'd wait until you know there's a court date set, and what you have to address in court, before worrying about it. It's impossible to say what, if anything, you might need to prepare for at this point.

OK Thank you. I just found out today that she has to go back to court, she hasn't given me enough time to respond, so I will await her to serve me! Thanks for the info! I will post again, once I receive it, and hopefully you can assist at that time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back