Video with audio Surveillence laws in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drastikmesurz

I wasn't sure where to put my question, if anyone knows where it would be better suited please let me know.

We have been having ongoing problems with some neigbors and their children. I have video taped with my camcorder, but sitting on the porch just isn't cutting it! Besides it's verbal abuse and I'm not sure how the law goes with audio.
I have looked into home surveillence equipment with audio integrated. But I feel a lot safer if I knew some laws.
My plans were to put out signs where the video and audio equipment would be to inform EVERYONE that it is present. What I want is to persude them to cease the activity.
I have proved my case already with the camcorder of the stalking nature of these neigbors but I need a way to prove that my children are being verbally abused when I am not present. Would my signs be enough forwarning or is it still "touchy" with audio? I don't know what else to do.

As long as you are not pointing it into their home, by all means record and record. Put signs out as warnings. Anything audio and video combined can be authenticated. Call your local courthouse and talk with the migistrate. They will let you know the laws where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back