Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzy1

Right now I have been accused of haveing contact with a person who is of age but under state supervision. Right now I feel like I am the victim since the youth is making things up. There is no evidence and it strickly never happened. I talked to the police and they are going to write a report and bring to the da to see if he is going to press chargs. Again it is word vs word, it never happened and they have no evidence. I offered to take a lie dector test, and have people write letters for me saying that this is false and never happened. The problem I am in is it is affecting my life, I can't sit around and just wait. Do you recommend that I force the lie dector test, will that hold up in a court of law. Should I get an attorney or just wait to see if charges are pressed. Can I do anything to stop this harassment? Can I go after the youth for making my life hell?

You could hire an attorney but what if you are never charged? Then you would have paid for an attorney that you don't need, meeting the attorney to discuss your potential case, etc. It is a waste of time to worry about something that might never happen. That is "sound advice" an attorney I worked with for years shared with me back in the day when I spent a lot of time worrying - usually about something that never came to be.

If you had an attorney he/she would probably tell you to stop talking to the State. :no: You certainly won't be helping your attorney defend you if you have already told the prosecution your side of the story; especially if any of your side of the story incriminates you. Shhhhhhhhhh!!

Answers to the rest of your questions I will leave to those that have a law degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back