Victim of fraud and abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcobar

I have 3 kids (F 14 ,F 13 and M 11), I'm the Primary CP of the 2 girls and the NCP of the boy. We are sharing legal custody of all of them. I had my daughters living with me since 2004 and the kid is with her since 11/2006.
On May 2007 she request Welfare for all the kids (food stamps, money and MediCal) even when the girls are not living with her and few months after LA County sue me for that money thru the Child Support Agency. Immediately I filed a Welfare Fraud form with all this information but at this time I just got a visit from one investigator and I don't know what is going to happen but is taking forever. On the mid time, I went to the court on Feb/2008 and the Judge assigned me $500 on Child support plus extra $50 for back payments, also We had Healthy Families ($30 a month) and the judge ordered to my employer to provide health insurance for my kid ($589 a month) and of course healthy families closed the coverage for all my kids. I have 2 more kids, an autistic boy (5) and a girl (4). I'm making $27/hr. working between 30-40 hours a week. My problem is I cannot afford anything, I start having problems to pay my rent, my utility bills and some other obligations because I don't have enough money. Just in rent I'm paying $1500 and for a family of 6 is a lot of money in food and extras. I'm totally broke now and I have even no way to afford an attorney to fight my case on the court and the unfair part is I cannot qualify for legal aid because my income but my income is not mine anymore!
I need to stop all this as soon as possible, but I have no clue. Please if there is an attorney who can open my case and fight for this I promise to make payments. I cannot even see my kid because they just moved to Sacramento without my permit but I don't know how to act.
I have zero money now, but believe me if there is any attorney who can take my case, I pay for it as soon as I have the way to do it. I can do websites in exchange or graphic design, but please help me.

Start contacting some fathers rights groups, or call around for some attorneys to see if anyone can help you. Also if she moved, you need to go down to the court house and file a motion to dispute it, or to have her provide transportation.

I am not sure if CS was calculated correctly,. Did you file an appeal? You have only a limited time frame. If you have custody of 2 kids then CS should have been offset by quit a bit but the fact mom went on gov't assistance means you get screwed. Also not sure if your subsequent kids get factored in, you need to google CA CS guidelines.

does mom work? CA is supposed to factor in both parents incomes. If mom does not work usually an income is put in for her.

So start calling around to attorneys and fatehrs rights groups, or google, to see if anyone can give you some guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back