Consumer Law, Warranties Verizon Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glycerin

I have been a customer in good standing with Verizon Wireless for 8 years. I have had 2 phones with them and have never been even close to a late payment. I also might add that I have never gone over my plan minutes. I called Verizon customer service in early October to see what the date was to end my contract. They told me a some date in late November. I didn't write it down. On November 24th went out of my way to go to a Verizon dealer to check how much longer I had to wait to drop their service. I talked to a representative ( Brian ) and he looked up my account on the computer and said my contract was complete. I said so I can switch to a new company right now? He said yes but you will come back to Verizon because we are the best. I said unless you get better service in my area you will never have me as a customer again. I went directly to Alltel and switched both my phone numbers to Alltel. One week later I got a bill from Verizon for $350 for early termination charges. They said my contract was not due until November 27th. I went back to the Verizon store and talked to the salesman that told me I was ok to switch. He said he was sorry but he couldn't do anything about it. I called Verizon customer service and they were all very rude and un-reasonable. I pled my case to several different levels of management but they would not drop the charge. I have never missed or ever been late on a payment in my life. My credit score is 811. I am not a dead beat that ducks his bills or responsibilities. I went out of my way to make sure my contract was done before I switched my phone numbers. Only to be treated to harassment my Verizon wireless. Now I am getting calls from a collection agency at work and on my old wireless phone number and I am sick of it. What can I do other then pay the bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back