Corporate Law Verbal Partnership gone bad...Very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInCA

Hi
I had anverbal partnership with another person and after 3 months it went south. We bought some articles from an estate sale that turned out to be fairly valuable.
Long story short, I ended up doing 90% of the work among other reasons, so I deceided I had enough.
I was cursed at on the phone and always being told what to do plus handling most of the other duties.
Anyways, the other party wouldn't return my calls so we could divide the remaining items. I have 5% while he holds the remaining 95%.
I got a email ( I took it as such) shortly afterwards in regards to tax evasion & the IRS for my portion of the partnership and demanding the return of the items I have.
My half totals about 4000 before costs. I spoke with IRS and I have no worries there. BTW they were eBay sales.
I have since learned he has hired an investigator to dig up dirt on me to get me tossed from the US out of plain spite because of this.
My wife and I going thru INS process at the moment.
Plus He told a friend he wants to "put me in the ground" whatever that means. I have seen him in action with other matters and he can be really unpleasant.
I am really confused and scared as what to do or where to go with this. I don't know the law well enough or even where to start! HELP! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back