Verbal Offer based on Background check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidebar1969

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was arrested last year 2005 and was offered to have the charges nollo prossed and dropped if I went throught the courts PreTrial Intrevention. I completed and had the charges were dropped and the disposition was nollo prossed comp pti. My question is, I was offered a job contingent on a background check. On my application, questions were asked about convictions were asked and to which I denied or check "no". My record is not sealed as I had an arrest sealed 14 years ago. Can I be denied this job if they find an arrest record but no conviction after offering it to me?

check your records

sidebar1969 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was arrested last year 2005 and was offered to have the charges nollo prossed and dropped if I went throught the courts PreTrial Intrevention. I completed and had the charges were dropped and the disposition was nollo prossed comp pti. My question is, I was offered a job contingent on a background check. On my application, questions were asked about convictions were asked and to which I denied or check "no". My record is not sealed as I had an arrest sealed 14 years ago. Can I be denied this job if they find an arrest record but no conviction after offering it to me?

make your own verification try checking http://www.unlimited-backgroundcheck.com
provide personal records on any U.S. states, then you'll find out if you have record on the state where you got arrested.

I did two checks that came up with junk! I paid about $25 for each. One showed no arrest and the other showed an arrest for someone else. It was a felony conviction at that. Becareful of any search engine solicitations for background checks. Anyone should contact the company before they pay and ask specifically what you get ie. arrest, conviction, verdict if no conviction, etc.....

Well the background check didn't have any impact on my getting the job. After all was said and done I got the job; an 80k job with great benefits. I thought that having an arrest but no conviction would have impeaded me but it didn't. So for all of you in the same situation, good luck and don't worry too much ( I sure as hell did).

Before we could extend a job offer we had to to do and extensive reference check about job performance, usually from people identified by an applicant. A background check may include investigation of Social Security Number, criminal history, academic preparation, motor vehicle records, or other records applicable to the job for which the applicant is being considered. The HR administrator and/or hiring manager is advised to obtain and contact at least two professional references prior to extending an employment offer to an applicant. The applicant should complete and sign a job profile before reference inquiries are conducted. A completed and signed profile protects the University to investigate or verify pertinent information about an applicant.

An HR administrator and/or hiring manager may request to review available performance appraisal records dating back two (2) years for a current staff employee who has applied for a position. The HR administrator and/or hiring manager is advised to go through a number people phone searches as part of the selection process. Requests should be made to UHRM-Wage and Salary Administration (Records Office). For an internal candidate, the hiring manager should take special care to ensure the application is confidential, and that you should start your background check when the employee is considered a finalist and/or references are to be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back