Verbal/Ofending Harrasment from a Co-worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cconcepcion

I have a co-worker that was administrative transfer in our unit last year. After orientating her together with the staff who was me with in that unit, this co-worker had been making remarks every time she work overtime in the other unit such as "these asian females are scared of me" which was relayed by other staff in that unit. we just ignored it cause when we informed the supervisor he will tell me "Just ignore her". There is a unit she does not want to float. every time it's her turn to float in that unit where she came and had an issue that causes her administrative transfer she refused and stated " I can't go there". Management has no explanation or any written memo that she can't float in that specific unit. One afternoon on July 8,2014, there were 3 RN of us in our unit where I work, so the shift lead asked us who's turn to pass the medication. I know did my turn and the other nursing staff had her turn also. this lady or other nursing staff stated "I did medication pass 2X already". I answered "In my memory or recollection, you passed meds one time when two of the female staff help her" then she snapped and said "Shut up you don't anything". I again answered "I'm only telling you my recollection or memory when you last passed medication and again she told me "You stay out of my business". Not only the first time she snaps at me when I'm talking to somebody that she will interfere or snaps when I'm talking. The shift lead denied that he heard something but the other nursing staff stated "I heard she uttered an offensive and unpleasant words". When I called in the next day because I have a headache and I felt heavy on my chest and my back tightened or hurts cause I had a back surgery in 2007 and 2009 one of staff told me that she heard that this lady telling to other nursing staff "If she's gone too (3 other nursing staff bid out of that unit due to her) nobody can't check me now. Before our unit was relaxing to works and no issues like that and I mentioned that to the supervisor. It looks like that the supervisor can't do anything to her and it seems that lady is protected by somebody else. Is there any issue of harassment in my case? I am really stress at work and having headache a lot and not relax every time I go to work when she's on duty too. I don't really talk to her or interact with her unless it's important of which a work related issues. what can I do? I am thinking to post and bid in other unit but my other co-worker tells me why do I have to move out just because of her. I have a hypertension problem and I am scared sometimes because my BP is elevated sometimes especially when I am really stresses out of her. Please give me an advice cause I really want to forward this issue to EEOC.

You can make your life easier by moving away from this person. That can be done in a day or two. You'll be fighting this little, uncouth bully forever. Seriously, why play Supernurse? If management knows and does nothing, why should you care?

I'd simply ignore and avoid her. I do that in my life and these issues don't impact me. There are louts, thugs, brutes, and oafs infesting this planet. Ignore and avoid them, simple as pie.

It is hard to understand your post because of the poor grammar. So you have one unpleasant coworker who you do not feel pulls her fair share. That isn't illegal even if you feel it unfair. Purposely calling her out in front of others when you might even be wrong, such as how often she did the meds thing, is not going to make your working relationship better. Seriously, what were you hoping to achieve by making her look bad? Your boss is satisfied with her work which is all that matters. Unless you are the supervisor, focus on your own work and not what others may do or what units they may work in. For all you know there is a very good reason she isn't part of the rotation.

You can't make her be nice to you. You can't make your supervisor like you more than her. All you can control is what you do. If that means transferring to some other group with coworkers you like, do it. You stand nothing to gain by staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back