Verbal Agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg4blues

Hi, This is my first post. I live in Idaho. My dad is 92 . My husband was legal owner of his mobile home. Then a 77 year old woman moved in with dad as boyfriend and girlfriend. She wanted to buy the mobile for $20,000. My husband said that wasn't enough they had paid over 60,000 and even expanded. So in front of me (wife) she made a verbal agreement with my husband that she would put his name on the Title and if anything happened to her it would go back to our family. Well thats what she did, we have the title, but a year later she changed it to someone in her family and then she changed it 4 times to different people. Now she died in October and this is how we found out that she changed it to her son and he saids he owns the mobile. She also changed the car title without him knowing it, took money from his account up to $10,000 and left him penniless. I want to know how a verbal agreement will stand up in court. We have a attorney but I need to know this myself. My dad has had to move in with us and has dementia and doesn't even remember her at this point. Any help Please asap Thanks peg4blues@msn.com

Verbal agreements are worthless.

So ok, we have a trial set for September with a judge. We have a paper trail that shows she was taking money out of his account for a year after knowing he has demential. Also what about all the different changes in her wills and titles over a year period. We have people that will testify to their relationship and her character. Are we wasting our money, dont you think a judge could see thru this. I need help. We are putting out alot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back