Verbal abuse by an Adult on a Minor

Sunny2019

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
My Son while playing on the sidewalk/street of ………….with his friends, threw a rock at a car (…….) parked in front of ………... Immediately, a Male (name unknown, Ethnicity: White) came out of ……………, yelling and screaming at my son, even before I could get up from the driveway where I was sitting with two other moms, to find out what was happening. This male was cursing and yelling at my son, saying my son hit a car with a rock and that the rock ended up rolling back on his driveway. So let me be clear here, his car was not even hit or damaged by the small rock my son threw at another car, his concern was it could have! He was extremely verbally abusive towards me too and even his wife came and directly started addressing my son and screaming and yelling at him.

I then went up to Mr………….., whose car was hit by my son and apologized and offered to pay any repair cost for the chipped paint on the exterior of the car near the rear view mirror. They were very kind and said they did not even want any money these things happen, kids are kids. My son also apologized and was honest and they were fine with it.

I want action taken on the individuals residing in ………….., it's not just about my son, there are lot of young children in this neighborhood, so for the safety of the community living here, the child services should make sure they are warned and they would not be abusive to other children. I would also like transparency towards what action will be taken regarding my complaint. No one can fix the amount of mental and psychological aggravation this has caused my family. But it will at least save other children from verbal abuse and intimidation by this couple, and they would not take matters in their own hands and follow the due process of contacting the parents and complaining, when a child is involved in a mischievous behavior.

My Son while playing on the sidewalk/street of ………….with his friends, threw a rock at a car (…….) parked in front of ………... Immediately, a Male (name unknown, Ethnicity: White) came out of ……………, yelling and screaming at my son, even before I could get up from the driveway where I was sitting with two other moms, to find out what was happening. This male was cursing and yelling at my son, saying my son hit a car with a rock and that the rock ended up rolling back on his driveway. So let me be clear here, his car was not even hit or damaged by the small rock my son threw at another car, his concern was it could have! He was extremely verbally abusive towards me too and even his wife came and directly started addressing my son and screaming and yelling at him.

I then went up to Mr………….., whose car was hit by my son and apologized and offered to pay any repair cost for the chipped paint on the exterior of the car near the rear view mirror. They were very kind and said they did not even want any money these things happen, kids are kids. My son also apologized and was honest and they were fine with it.

I want action taken on the individuals residing in ………….., it's not just about my son, there are lot of young children in this neighborhood, so for the safety of the community living here, the child services should make sure they are warned and they would not be abusive to other children. I would also like transparency towards what action will be taken regarding my complaint. No one can fix the amount of mental and psychological aggravation this has caused my family. But it will at least save other children from verbal abuse and intimidation by this couple, and they would not take matters in their own hands and follow the due process of contacting the parents and complaining, when a child is involved in a mischievous behavior.
Are you kidding me?

wow..... little precious was yelled at for "mischievious acts" by another adult? What IS this world coming to? And why exactly does his ethnicity matter?

In the end YOUR son is the one in the wrong here, do you not see that?
If one of my children were tossing rocks at cars the very last thing they should worry about is a scolding from the white guy neighbor. ;)

I want action taken on the individuals

You're kidding, right? What "action" do you want taken on the man who yelled at your son for throwing a rock at a car?

there are lot of young children in this neighborhood, so for the safety of the community living here, the child services should make sure they are warned and they would not be abusive to other children.

Again, this man yelled at your kid for throwing a rock at a car. Do you seriously think that's inappropriate?

No one can fix the amount of mental and psychological aggravation this has caused my family.

Oh, spare us all.

they would not take matters in their own hands and follow the due process of contacting the parents and complaining, when a child is involved in a mischievous behavior.

Due process? No law requires an adult to track down the parents of a juvenile delinquent before yelling at the kid. Among other things, maybe the guy didn't know who your kid's parents were.

I am unsure what action you want taken no law was broken. You have two issues here.

A. Your child's behavior
B. Your neighbors attitude

Your child you can punish. Your neighbor you can ignore or have an adult conversation with. I dont see why you injected race into this

Parent Nook Forums - Index page

Back