Ventura county Juvenile court system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger1202

My son has been in repeated trouble, in violation of his Formal probabtion, in a residential treatment center and even outpatient. I firmly believe as his father and single parent that his returning home after treatment has been the issue because he just returns to the same kids he was hanging out with before. So its always back to the drugs and then commiting stupid crimes. He actually robbed a house.

Tomorrow is his court sentencing (21 March) for the house robbery and I feel that it would be in the best interests of the court to do what is called a court ordered placement for REHAB. Hopefully to even an out-of-state facility. I cannot afford to pay, his residential and outpatient treatment wiped me clean financially. So I am looking into the court ordering the placement and even paying. I feel in the long term they can help make him a Tax payer instead of a Tax burden. He is 17 y/o and he needs to be placed out of his current environment to completely change and be REHAB'D

So, make that argument before juvenile court in a few days.
There's nothing we can do in this forum to assist you with parenting your thug.
It makes sense what you've said, but I doubt that it'll really help him at this late date.
From what you describe, he's heading for prison, soon.

So, make that argument before juvenile court in a few days.
There's nothing we can do in this forum to assist you with parenting your thug.
It makes sense what you've said, but I doubt that it'll really help him at this late date.
From what you describe, he's heading for prison, soon.

Well I thought it was the objective of this site to obtain legal advice? While I appreciate you answering my posts and agreeing with my idea I did not ask for help in parenting my "THUG" His ADHD and Bi-polar issues don't help matters any with the use of drugs but he wishes to become clean and asks for my help. He actually wants to stay in Juvi to finish the very small amount and graduate high school on time. He knows going back to school means being around drugs again and he actually realizes that. So when he does graduate my son wants to join the military and as a parent I can sign the waiver to allow him in. He feels it is the best solution for him and I agree
Quite honestly I have to tell you that calling him a thug was not necessary. He truly has good qualities and is actually reaching out. His mother abandoned him and killed herself so I am the only person he has in his life and I know it will be hard for him and me to leave our home. But he actually sees the benefit and I will once again see the good kid he is when he returns for visits if he does get into the military.

Well I thought it was the objective of this site to obtain legal advice? While I appreciate you answering my posts and agreeing with my idea I did not ask for help in parenting my "THUG" His ADHD and Bi-polar issues don't help matters any with the use of drugs but he wishes to become clean and asks for my help. He actually wants to stay in Juvi to finish the very small amount and graduate high school on time. He knows going back to school means being around drugs again and he actually realizes that. So when he does graduate my son wants to join the military and as a parent I can sign the waiver to allow him in. He feels it is the best solution for him and I agree
Quite honestly I have to tell you that calling him a thug was not necessary. He truly has good qualities and is actually reaching out. His mother abandoned him and killed herself so I am the only person he has in his life and I know it will be hard for him and me to leave our home. But he actually sees the benefit and I will once again see the good kid he is when he returns for visits if he does get into the military.

Okay, he's your thug, not mine.
He's a law breaking thug, good kids don't break the law.
You care.
I don't.
Here's a thought, HIRE him an attorney, one that YOU engage for him.
He's your thug, so pay for his attorney.
Maybe he feels you don't love him enough to pay his legal fees?
Maybe he sees your posts on FREE legal forums as a sign of your abandonment of him, dad?

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back