Criminal Law VAWA, adjust status on my own?Domestic Violence & Prostitution??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokhara

I came to USA in 2010 on a K-1 fiance visa, married my USC husband. Last march we filed for my "green card", or adjustment of status (AOS), to conditional permanent resident, and also my EAC, employment authorization card. I received it in April and began working. BUT.. I never really intended to stay with my husband long, only until I get my permenant residency. I had told him this many times when angry. Now our relationship has gone to heck. We fight all the time. There have been cops called many times. I've been placed in the psyc ward by cops on 3 times, twice for threatening to them to kill myself, once for actually slicing my arm open.
We had been scheduled to appear for my green card interview in Jan. but we missed it since we're out of state working. On Feb 8 I received a letter from USCIS saying im now illegal and my work card is cancelled. But I contiued to dance at my club, since they didn't ask. A month ago we had a huge fite because of my job, i'm a stripper and sometimes prostitute thru men I meet in the club where i dance. My husband goes nuts from their texts and calls to my cell. Our fite ended up us both wrestling and me getting bruised up as we both fell over furniture, etc.. tho he didnt actually hit me. I scratched him up good with my sharp nails. I called cops and filed charges. He declined to press charges when asked by cops due to his bloody wounds. He was charged with felony aggravated assault/bodily injury. He spent 4 nites in jail until i bailed him out. A 60 day restraining order was placed on him by the judge, not by me, but we violated it by continueing to live together since I cant drive yet, and we wanted to be together. Last week I testified to the grand jury at his inditment trial that I wanted to stay with him and work it out, and that I wanted charges dropped. I also filed an "affidavit of non-prosecution" to drop charges against him and asked judge to lift the temporary restraining order so we could be together legally. They refused and indited him anyway.
Now he has again left me and gone to another city. We had another fite about my customers and he showed my boss at the strip club the letter from USCIS stating i am now in the USA illegally and my work card has been canceled. I got fired and now have no job. I know he doesn't want to divorce me but I am considering trying to file on my own using VAWA, violence against women act. But I've got lots of questions.
1) In texas, if i file for divorce theres a 60 waiting period before a judge will grant it. If I try to file for AOS using VAWA how long will I have to wait until I get an employment card?
2) I stupidly admitted to the cops I was a hooker and asked them how cops would go about proving it in court. They said they basically need to see money change hands or its very difficult to prove. But they know I'm a stripper and hooker. I actually had given the two cops who took me downtown for questioning lap dances a month ago when they were in the club! Would they also try to file charges against me?
3) If I file using VAWA do I need to first be legally divorced before I file?
4) How long will it take for me to get AOS after I file?
5) What about the marrying with good intentions part? My husband mite say in court I married him only to get into USA.
6) What about the "good moral character" part? Is being a stripper a factor? Is being an occasional hooker which no one can prove? (but what about me admitting to cops I hook?)
7) When they arrested him they took our calender books from the last two years as evidence. Inside is detailed every dollar I made dancing and ALSO who I had paid sex with. He's worried they mite be building a case of pimping against him. I'm worried they mite be building a case against me and deny my AOS even thru VAWA. Are these reasons to worry for either of us? I met and scheduled all my guys on my own.
8) Yesterday he faxed me a new letter he/we received at home from the USCIS saying my biometrics appointment is on friday in our home states capital. He wants me to fly there soon to go to it, and try to work out our marriage. I'm considering NOT going and just let USCIS judge our application abandonned for the secong time. If I no-show again how will that affect my filing on my own thru VAWA?
9) If I am made to testify in his assault court case and I say things opposite of what I told the grand jury, will that help his plea of innocence? How would that affect my chances of getting AOS using VAWA?
PS, I have no criminal record and he only has a class B misdemeanor charge from 15 years ago which was thrown out of court.
Can anyone give me some detailed answers/advice fast?

You need an attorney, not a message board.

You can't have it both ways - either you need (and VAWA should be utilized only if you NEED it - not as a quick and easy way to stay legal) VAWA, and you testify AGAINST your husband - or you don't testify, and there's no reason for you to utilize VAWA.

And the whole prostitution thing? If you're convicted, you may have to wave ANY chance of AOS goodbye. Including via VAWA unless you could prove - and I mean PROVE - that you were forced into your profession.

Speak to an attorney.

You didnt answer any of my q's. I already have an attorney, just looking for free second opinions to help me decide what to do. I don't really want to testify against my husband coz i do care about him and coz i already testified FOR him to the grand jury. if i testify AGAINST him later, won't that make my credibility doubtful? lastly, he didn't "force" me to do anything. i was just trying to supplement my income to help my family back home.

You can get "free" second opinions from actual lawyers not website message boards. Most Attorneys offer free intial consultation that is where you get free legal advice.

Here's a thought just trying to help you, why not offer your "services" for the lawyer's "services"?
Quid pro quo, so to speak.

You have already admitted to a sham marriage and having lied and prostituted yourself in an attempt to gain citizenship. You don't qualify. As a matter of fact, it does not sound like you are worth your hourly rate either.

Hi this is tom sewell actually her husband. I am sorry i posted that because i am so stressout. I have been married to her for 2 years. I was married to her aunt and cousin and she was the third girl from the same family. I like to make lots of money. I was born and raised in highland park. I never worked my whole life and waited my mom and aunt to die. Both of them gave me half of million dollar. I been all over the world. I like strip club and whores. I married nepali girl for 11 years. Then fell in love with 17 years old girl. She was uneduated and didnt know anything. So I made her a stripper and used her money for my retirement and pay my bills alomst all. I liked my wives be fucked my lots of guys. One day she was tired of me because i wont let her do anything except strip. Finally she ran away with a customer and then i went to her home town and gave out her videos that i made in the club and lots of naked pictures. I then fell in love with 16 years old daughter actually she was my ex wife sisters daughter. i paid for her school and then told her i will send her to school here. After she came here i didnt let her go school.Her lawyer send her to school. she wanted to get lisence but i refused it because i dont want my poor nepali girl to drive and be smart and leave 55 years old guy. I told her to strip actually forced her to strip and she had no choce so did. She was so fucking hot that i told her she can fuck anyguys she likes as long as she come home with me. I made her drink my pee and its really fun. my ex and i used to do that somettimes. She made lots of money and i took most of it for retirement. She got tired of it so she said me fuck off. Well i brought her here paying 30 k almost and she refuses to pay me that money?i did file for her greencard but missed it because i told her we can schedule for next time. We had a huge fite about money she made. she wanted to save for college and family back home but even though i am millionare i wanted to save more because she is 23 and i am 55 soon going to be 56.i withrdaw all the application because she dont want to spread her leg for money because i need that money. My job was to sit drink and smoke in the hotel while she dance in the club for 10 hours. She paid me 1000 a week and paid all my bills. But she wanted to go hangout with normal people and have friends. Dont she only have to love me? Since i paid my money to bring her here dont she have to pay that money? Actallually i made her sex vidoes and posted them all over internet because she dont want to be my wife. Thats not fair. I cheated on her lots of time. I spend her money on her friend for lap dance and blow job. I was so drunk that nite i wanted to kill her but she ran away and call the cops. she came to visit me and bail me out paying her 11k and i told her i will pay and do everything for her. As i cameout from jail she hate me more and more. So i wrote her manager letter saying she was a whore and she is illegal even though she was still married and AOS was pending. She does have all the medical reports and police reports. Now i am thinking about going to another country and get another wife. Is that possible? If i show the videos of her having sex with people but it was just for fun and i told her to do it will she charge with prostitution? I still have her documents that i paid a maid to break in to her room but i throw that away and she said she found who did that and also made a report. will i get in trouble? I had no desire to be marriedd to her. I only want money for retirement but she left me. Actually i texted her customer and told him jockingly that i will sell my wife for cheap. Now she also has that message and the guy to testify. How will that affect from getting her VAWA? She is not prostitute but she left me and i have all those videos of her having sex with people and me in the back ground. can i still prove she is a prostitute? She ruined my life by not staying with me and making money for me. How can i deport her back? Please help.

I am living with my ex now. I Just want my wife to come back with me so that we can go to vegas and she can dance. I have been making secret vidoes in the club and selling them online for extra money. I posted all the nude pictures and vidoes all over the internet for not loving me. I still would like to marry may be brazilian hotty. I am not sure if I can prove she is a prostitute. She only had sex with people while i was making film. My videos doesnt show that she actually took money for sex. It was my idea but she didnt want to be my wife. I have been threating her to go and find her and do illegal things. Since i been to jail 2 different times will the USCIS will beleive my story? I dont want her to ruin my life.

No one will believe ANYTHING you say.
Now, go play your fantasy games elsewhere. Your Green Card to use this site has just been revoked.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back