Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Vape Theif

GabeOg

Jurisdiction
California
I bought a vape about a year ago, about 6 months ago, it went missing. Around the same time me and an old friend fell out. Just yesterday, I took a screenshot of a picture that same guy posted yesterday of him holding my vape. I tried to make contact and ask for it back but he claims that it's his. However, when compared to a picture taken when I first bought the vape, it looks clearly identical. What should I do now? Will the police help?

However, when compared to a picture taken when I first bought the vape, it looks clearly identical. What should I do now? Will the police help?
Are vape / electronic cigarettes identical? My understanding is that they are mass produced. Unless you have some reasonably good proof that can potentially substantiate a theft, I'd have a hard time believing the police could or would help. Remember that no one can successfully prosecute a crime without meeting the burden of proof.

I am Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Unless you actually saw the person take the item or its has some identification to single it out its pointless to pursue this

Back