Other Green Card Issue Valid H1B, Greencard pending. Can I travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deavesjnr

I have recently applied for my legal permanent residence using one-stop filing and have receipt notices for forms I-130, I-485, I765, I131.

I am looking to travel to England (home country) at the end of June. Am I correct in saying that I am ok to re-enter the U.S. on my H1B as it is still valid? (I will still be working for the same employer). My EAD and AP have not been approved yet and if they are by my time of travel, will not have been used by this point.

I have heard that as long as I am on a valid H1B and have my I-485 receipt notice, then I can leave and come back without issue as the H1B is dual intent, so it will not be considered abandonment of my application. Is this right?

Would I have issues if my greencard was approved/ arrived while I was away in England? My interview appointment is at the end of May and I have heard it can take a couple of weeks to several months for the actual card to arrive.

If you are able to give me any advice, I would much appreciate it.

Sincerely,

deavesjnr

This is not legal Advice!

As long as you have the relevant paperwork to travel you are doing nothing wrong, make sure all your paperwork is in order to leave and re-enter!!

Good luck going back to Little Britain, me personally think you are missing nothing and think i would stay put until all LPR is sorted.

Think about it, fuel $10.00 a gallon, rain, wind, and sunshine all in one day! Traffic and public transport is down the pan. So why do you want to come back?? Family i guess, oh well enjoy yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back