Vacating property on a lease and verbal agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brilee

Hello,

Due to a recent change, I need to vacate the property in which I am currently living. When I first moved in I signed a rental agreement with the owner of the property. That agreement ended in 2009 putting me into a month to month rental per the rental agreement. On the rental agreement we stated that the rental agreement was going to roll over into an owner finance contract. However, we never signed an owner finance contract and the house was never put into my name. The monthly payments are going to the house payment and I have made the insurance and tax payments yearly. Am I bound only by the signed rental agreement allowing me to give 30 days notice to the owner prior to leaving the property or am I bound by other rules due to the statement on the agreement that it would roll over into an owner finance arrangement?

Thank you.

This situation is complicated. We need to see the agreement you signed in order to be able to tell you more about what you may be liable for. If you never entered into another agreement, it is certainly possible that this has changed the situation since it would seem a critical part of the completion of that part of the agreement. The most important aspect of determining your options is going right to the words of what you signed and seeing what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back