Vacate in 5 days - But 20 days to respond

Cutlass69

Jurisdiction
Arizona
Just got served papers for divorce and it states I have 20 days to respond to petitioner in regards to documents. But within the documents it states I have 5 days to vacate. Don't I have 20 days to respond to the vacate also?

Thanks

What document says that?

I have no idea what "respond to the vacate" might mean. "Vacate" is a verb, not a noun.
Motion for Temporary Orders state that the Respondent "Husband" must vacate the premises from 5 days of the filing of the divorce decree. But according to the courts, I have 20 days to respond to the motion. So, does the 5 days vacate separate motion then the decree it self.

Motion for Temporary Orders state that the Respondent "Husband" must vacate the premises from 5 days of the filing of the divorce decree.

A motion is a request that the court issue an order. Does the motion actually state that you must vacate the premises in the stated time period? Or does it simply request that the court issue an order to that effect? Has the court actually issued these "temporary orders"? An order that you vacate the premises in an extremely short period of time would be quite out of the ordinary.

according to the courts, I have 20 days to respond to the motion.

What does "according to the courts" mean? Did someone at the court tell you this? If so, what is that person's position with the court?

I agree with "adjusterjack" that you need to hire an attorney ASAP.

It is unlikely you are required to move within 5 days. If it was a requirement there would be no question about it. It sounds like someone is trying to pull a fast one on you.

Motion for Temporary Orders state that the Respondent "Husband" must vacate the premises from 5 days of the filing of the divorce decree.

If I read the words literally you have FIVE days after the divorce decree has been issued, not the initial filing for dissolution of your marriage, the actual divorce itself which is months away.

The other spouse wants you out no more than FIVE days after the decree is issued.

However, those are a few words not in context.

To know for sure, take the documents to your lawyer, or a legal aid clinic.

Back