Using Walkie Talkies While Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying2blegal

Hi. I would like to know if it is legal to use/talk on 2 way FRS/GMRS walkie talkies, while operating a motor vehicle in Herkimer and Otsego counties, in New York State. From what I've been able to find on line, it appears to be legal, but I want to make sure that I'm not mistaken. Thank You.

Bob

Hi. I would like to know if it is legal to use/talk on 2 way FRS/GMRS walkie talkies, while operating a motor vehicle in Herkimer and Otsego counties, in New York State. From what I've been able to find on line, it appears to be legal, but I want to make sure that I'm not mistaken. Thank You.

Bob

I suggest you ask this of your local constabulary.

You'd be NUTS to risk your driving record based on what a stranger spews on an internet forum.

Besides, no court will take note of what anyone on here says.

I've found if you have doubts about doing a thing, don't do it.

Even if they say its okay, doing it probably will get you stopped by a law enforcement officer.

I avoid being noticed in any way.

Its best, in my little world, to be obscure and go unnoticed.

Thank you very much for your response, I'll take your advise and check with the state police. Thanks again.

Bob

Good idea. There would be no way for us to know for sure if it is legal or not in your counties. I would think "most likely" not but ask.

Legality could be reduced to something as simple as negligent driving because you are not paying attention to the road. Many people use travel walkie talkies or CB's. It is much preferable to the 10 car idiot trains we used to see.

Just throwing this out there, a mobile phone is NOTHING more than a walkie talkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back