Used car sale "as is"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheff

I posted this in misc but found this forum later, duh. Anyone else with this issue might find it helpful.. My mom is currently in a battle about her used car sale, she sold a car to a friends daughter and now the daughter is wanting her money back because she did not know the car needed so much work put into it, her dad is a machanic and had the car for 2 months prior so he could have looked at it anytime but failed to do so, and my mom has a chat log of her igknowledging there were problems with the car prior to her purchasing it and it was broken down partly, and she stated they just assumed my mom was going to help with it financially AFTER it was sold. my mom was not aware of the extent of the damages but is under the impression a used car sale from a private owner is an "as is" sale, and it was the daughter's responsibilty to have it looked at by a mechanic prior to purchasing which she did not, and my mom never gave any warranty or false information about the condition. Now she is threatening to take my mom to court to get her money back. Should my mom be worried?

Have ma tell her to bite big rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back